Happy New Year and New Beginnings!
Happy New Year everybody! We've successfully navigated out of 2014 and into 2015, and the first week is already gone. Have you made your resolutions? Have you made any resolutions regarding your business?
Here are some business resolutions to consider for the new year:
- Clean house - this means taking the time to go through those stacks and stacks of papers you have "filed" on the floor next to your desk. Not only will it make your office area feel less cluttered, but you'll feel some weight lift from your shoulders
- Shred that stuff - unless you really are going to use that 20% off coupon for ink toner in the next couple weeks, just throw that baby in the shredder and stop holding onto it. The reality is that you'll probably forget about and miss the expiration anyway.
- Promote your business - this should be an active goal already, but beginning of the year is a good time to get re-energized about it. Send out business cards, postcards, or make phone calls.
- Be more than just a vendor to your clients - this is something I can't stress enough. When your clients feel like you care about them and not just what they pay you, you're more likely to win returning business. It also helps when you want to revisit that project from five years ago that needs an to be updated.
- Learn something new - this doesn't have to be related to your business or job, but it can be helpful. Learning something new keeps your brain active and makes you better at problem solving.
- Give back to your community - this is important as it can help you, while you help others. It's important to take a break away from working all the time, and there are few things as rewarding as helping out your neighbors and city/town.
I've been busy through the last year trying to come up with new ways to make WebInke Design not only work better and more effeciently for myself, but also for you! It's important to keep up on the latest technology and industry standards, and it's by doing that that I am able to bring you the best I have to offer.
Here are some things that WebInke Design is offering in 2015:
- More Robust Content Management - it's now possible to have a completely customized website with an admin section for you to control content, documents, and blog entries. There's no longer a need to fight with WordPress templates or try and edit large file systems that are difficult and costly to navigate. It's also possible to retrofit your existing website with an admin content management panel.
- Simple Shopping Carts - if you have a small to moderate amount of items you want to sell for your business, it's now possible to do that in a much easier way. Previously everything had to be integrated using a PayPal button, but now it's possible to use a Stripe Account or PayPal account as a gateway and have a much cleaner shopping cart.
- Better and Cleaner Responsive Design - it's been a work in progress, but with the advancements in CSS3 and HTML5, making your website ready for any device is easier than ever. With the rise of smartphone sales, it's never a bad idea to make sure you are getting all your information to your potential customers at all times.
I think 2015 is going to be a great year for everybody, so let's dig in our heels and make it happen!
By James Rogers
Creative thinking and development are just a part of what makes James tick. When he's not working on a project for a client, he's usually working on a project for himself. When he's not doing that he can be found snowboarding, hiking, or enjoying a broadway show with his wife.